View Single Post
MetalLover97
MetalLover97 has no updates.

5 yr Member
7 hugs
given
Default Feb 14, 2018 at 10:53 AM

Today I had to give a ten minute presentation about my university topic. It was only in front of my group (there were 7 of us) and our supervisor, who I would be fine talking to normally, but the action of standing up in front of even them and presenting was very anxiety-inducing to me. We had to do a five minute presentation at the end of last year, which was horrible - my voice and body were both shaking all the way through it and I stumbled over my words a bit. I thought today would be 10 agonising minutes of my voice shaking and embarrassing myself, but I think it actually went pretty well! I knew my topic and what I wanted to say very well, and my voice wasn't shaky - in fact, I think the my presentation flowed quite well and I sounded fine. So I feel like this was a victory over anxiety today!

Medications
Current: methylphenidate 36mg, vortioxetine 5mg
Past: sertraline, citalopram, clonazepam, fluoxetine, mirtazipine, duloxetine, trazodone, atomoxetine, lisdexamfetamine
MetalLover97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
alp94, Anonymous87914, bluekoi, mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
bluekoi