Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,349 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 15, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Thanks. Still no new job, but I have done a couple of freelance gigs that are helping me stretch my budget. I am hopeful something will come through soon.

I have been using community resources. I went to a food pantry last week and they gave me a list of other food pantries I could visit. I applied for food stamps and actually qualified. It's a small amount but better than nothing. And I got dog food donated by the local animal shelter using their food donation program. My mom also gave me a small loan to help me get on top of things. Just enough to get ahead so I'm not always behind.

I'm making everything stretch so far. Hopefully this won't last too much longer. But also, I have a steady freelance gig that will start paying probably at the end of November, so that will be helpful to balance out my income. I'm only allowed to make a certain amount on ssdi, but that amount really makes a difference.

Seesaw
Hi Seesaw,

I was wondering if things have changed since you posted this message. I am hoping that they did...I am actually praying that they did. I am heading in the same direction, my position will end soon and I will have to find work. I was advised some few years ago to apply for SSDI, but when I did, I was denied before even submitting the application. I have lots of health and mental health issues and have been told by therapist, some doctors that I qualify but because I was denied, I've been to afraid to re-apply.

I'm scared to death. I am in my fifties and lack of education and being in the same position for 20 plus years (no formal training in my current position) has taken me out of the job market. All of the jobs that I have looked into that are very simular to what I've done for the last 20+ years require an education or training and because my mental health badly interferes with everyday life, I'm afraid, I won't find anything that will accommodate my issues...it's really depressing the mess out of me.

Thank you for sharing with me. Again, I hope and pray that you have found a really good job since your last post to this thread.

Hugs from:
Anonymous87914, marvin_pa, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl