View Single Post
birdie55

Member Since Feb 2018
1 hugs
given
Lightbulb Feb 17, 2018 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfish View Post
You imagined attraction and/or a sexual relationship. You wouldn't necessarily like it in real life.
A lot of people dream of a beach holiday and sunbathing for a month, oh how relaxing it would be and how relaxed they would be. They'd go stir crazy in a week. Others dream of an active holiday and all the things they would see and learn and how interesting it would be. They'd be bored out of their minds in a week.

I think when imagining something, you're not just imagining the rest of the world in that situation, but also yourself in a situation where you like it. You weren't just imagining Britney Spears in your bedroom - it's very likely you were also imagining yourself as a sexual person.
If you're asexual, you're asexual. If you are unsure enough that you have difficulty stating "I am", just follow my lead and say "I identify as".
Breadfish, just to clarify your use of the word imagination is in regards to things being imagined whilst awake? I assume that is what you meant but just want to make sure.

Also Wow, thank you so, so much! I don't know who you are but seriously I don't think you understand just how much you have helped me I wasn't expecting anyone to reply let alone somewhat relate. This whole thing has not only confused me but isolated me because I found no one in my real life and online who had a similar experience. Maybe I just look too much into things? Its a desire to just know myself and why I do things that drives me to analyse. I also don't know how you were able to describe my situation so well. Yes the thoughts I imagined in my head while awake (on 2-3 separate occasions) were indeed sparked by a curiosity but the feelings of attraction disappeared as soon as the thoughts left. The conflicting feedback from others telling me it was attraction because it was imagined whilst I was awake just made me feel very confused and then alone. Thank you for helping me jump through this hurdle of confusion by sharing your experience and knowledge Ohh and yes asexual sounds very right in my situation.

Also your quote at the end in your signature really stuck out to me.
birdie55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote