View Single Post
birdie55

Member Since Feb 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Feb 18, 2018 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadfish View Post
Yes, with imagine I meant while awake. But I think it goes for dreams, too.

I'm very glad I was able to be helpful! For the most part I just extrapolated from my own experiences, and things I've seen with people in general. Just make a list once of all the things you've ever imagined doing and liking, and then afterwards thought But I don't actually want that! A dinner at a fancy restaurant with Michelin stars, champagne and a server that calls you My Lady sounds great and you might even fancy doing that sometime.. until you wisen up and realize you don't like exotic dishes, alcohol, and formality/stiffness.

If you want to conclude something from that, conclude: I'm in a crappy restaurant with a rude server now, and a chance would be nice. Or: I wonder what it's like.

Things usually have a meaning, and that meaning is also usually pretty simple. You fantasized because you were curious or lonely or both.

For some reason people seem to attach far more meaning to sexual fantasies/imaginations than 'regular' daydreams while honestly, they are not really all that different. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Wise words! Yes, I actually have a lot of things I have imagined in my life that I do not want to do at all and that I do not analyse and identify with lol so yes you make perfect sense. Thank you again so, so much for sharing your time, knowledge and experience with me. I am forever grateful and wishing you all the good in the world for helping this very confused stranger get out of a rut of confusion. I am happy to say that I can close the door on this subject matter.
birdie55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote