View Single Post
Takeshi
Account Suspended

Member Since Nov 2014
2,544 hugs
given
Default Feb 19, 2018 at 12:11 AM

"Jordan B Peterson Clips"

This looks like an official channel, been around for 6 months or so. The playlists look nice. 'Bite-sized Philosophy' still works for me, it's just that the titles of clips from lectures or interviews have to be on point, I respect both team for spreading wisdoms.

Quote:
"We know less about the sexual life of little girls than of boys. But we need not feel ashamed of this distinction; after all, the sexual life of adult women is a 'dark continent' for psychology"

—The Question of Lay Analysis (1926), p212
Compassion kills, like in a Freudian Oedipal situation, this is what I was learning today. (I don't like dogmatic-compassion talk, it's not something people 'demand' of others, it's oppressive. It's not considered as virtue for nothing, many things go wrong if we take it as a face value, like, do you expect it? Judge people harshly by it? That's like thinking too highly of oneself, it's not a surprising fact or anything, I think it's opposite of being self-evident if one has to advertise by saying it, especially in the area of engineering and stuff. It's basically pessimism, and often talk like this comes from very narrow personal point of view, it's not a commodity or currency we use for trading, it's probably apt to say that 'we understand' it, and I hesitate to say that I know it. The concept is better utilized through other means of art-form, it's a matter of how I value the word, I guess. There's an act of compassion, it's not compassion-ing it. Things get watered down if we keep talking about it, saying **** where it don't belong. Words alone don't have higher value unless the work is done by the person who's expressing the words. Stupidity spreads like plagues, like a mouse attracted to Swiss cheese, and the void/holes are often ignored. Nobody demands compassion from animals, sure, some people may get disappointed when they face cat logic but we categorize, discriminate things for good reasons. It makes me very uncomfortable having to share the word with most people, I'm thinking the idea is stored near this ethic structure of my neural network, and the way it works could be more instinctive than I used to think. )

My Left Foot (1989)

This film was mentioned in this short clip I was watching, I only watched the film once long time ago, this would be a great date film if some couples were seriously considering having a future together.

The rule No.5 on the post #24 seems quite deep even on the surface text analysis. There is this thought of what 'dislike' is in my head and umm,,, I only have one definite answer for the question of what my dislike is, (there's an associated inquiry into the question/morality/worth/nature(!) of the value, but this is for another day...), and for now, the answer would be women filled with negative emotions(!), that's what I most dislike about in human being. This goes for both gender, I no longer dwell on it though, emotions are something that I pass through, I'm beginning to understand that the logic in the right order is the world view that I'm most comfortable with, and this includes 'what we cannot talk about', I think this is from early Wittgenstein.

Thanks to my mother, I understand the world better now. Women's book of logic is thicker and guys' would be compact, that's just lower level understanding, more abstraction, more understandings through the lens of archetypes, peeps.

Edited to Add:
D'you know those stories where a mother kicks her son out of her house so the son end up being homeless or whatever? Drug problem may be involved, sure it sounds tough. I'm not a type of guy who enjoy watching Dr.Phil, so I know no stories, not interested in learning real stories. That being said, little news headlines catches my eyes while browsing on the internet, and the thought bothers me. They must be damaged women I suppose, I just can't stand the kind of 'betrayal', immoral would be the word I describe such toxicity in those tales. Pop/Folk psychology offers explanations, which could be named as processed digestible narratives, it soars and sells, and it sure will drop somewhere, at some point. I would subtract the time and many of marketed ideas first,,, well, I ain't your reality tv producer, everything offered contains things that I dislike according to my probability theory, what matters more is to say 'Keep the Change' at the right time at the right place to someone. So please do keep changing, the end doesn't ever justify the means, the tv rarely do follow up on life stories and when they do, it usually goes like 'We're were f-ing wrong' n years ago.

Quote:
“I know what you are thinking about’, said Tweedledum: ‘but it isn’t so, nohow.’ ‘Contrariwise,’ continued Tweedledee, ‘if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be: but as it isn’t, it ain’t. That’s logic.”
― Graham Priest, Logic

This is my dark continent, right? that likes to talk incessantly, it probably is, yes. I just wanted to add that nobody pre-designed the biological gender, that's a secular understanding of how our existence came to be, right here for you and me. Then there's a decision for every action, it's a little unfair to ask to make one without first teaching a person how.

Quote:
If we have our own why in life, we shall get along with almost any how. Man does not strive for pleasure; only the Englishman does.

Twilight of the Idols
Maxims & Arrows, #12

Last edited by Takeshi; Feb 19, 2018 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: it's not clear, is it?
Takeshi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote