hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,785 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2018 at 05:52 PM

I need help digging my way out of this!

An acquaintance asked me to partner with her on a project. I am (or was) really excited about the project because it gives me greater credibility and exposure in a line of work I'm pursuing, as well as networking opportunities. The project work is independent with a natural division, I do the work in April, she does the work in May. It seemed like a no-brainer to say yes and I was flattered to be asked.

HOWEVER, this woman is driving me crazy. She is giving me very explicit instructions on how to do my portion of the work, even though we both have the same level of expertise. She's emailing me 3-6 times per day, making up her own requirements and deadlines. She wants me to send all my prep to her for review but won't share hers - she told me I had to do my own work, as if I were shirking! I don't really want hers, I just asked her for it because she wanted mine!

Can I get her to back off without offending her? She has no reporting authority over me and I do not have to let her vet my work. I've been sending brief responses that ignore most of her questions about my progress. This indirect approach doesn't really seem to be working because she's still driving me nuts with her messages. Maybe I need to filter them into a folder I only look at once a week...
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous50909, Anonymous59898, Bill3, MickeyCheeky, Yzen