View Single Post
KYWoman

Member Since Dec 2017
1,218 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2018 at 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=vonmoxie;4011206]I have complex PTSD, and had considered it to be comorbid with a couple of other things, including a current, follow-on episode of major depressive disorder which would be considered treatment-resistant based on the clinical definition or any other definition for that matter. I no longer consider this to be the case though.

I would suggest that there must be some portion of people whose "treatment-resistant depression" is actually representative of the depressive symptoms of PTSD/CPTSD, and would be better regarded as such. Myself among them.

Your post has been very enlightening to me and I thank you. I've been treated for depression for decades: in and out of therapy, off and on medications. None of which have seemed very affective. Was diagnosed with PTSD 10 years ago. Only when I discovered this site 3 months ago and started perusing the many forums did I learn of complex PTSD. In hindsight, I probably should've been diagnosed decades ago with PTSD vs depression....but many too many secrets I didn't want to share because I had successfully buried them deep in a closet in my brain.

Genetic testing 4 to 5 years ago proved a missing gene had significant to moderate impact on most Rx drugs prescribed to me. Extremely validating for a moment! I know my body better than anyone and when I reported no improvement, I was considered "resistant". WTH? I WANT to feel better and if it's not working, it's just not working. Not everyone is tolerant of Rx drugs, sad to say. Big PHARMA is all about the money....not wellness.

Thanks for sharing and to you other members, thanks for adding to this thread!

Hugs from:
katydid777, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote