View Single Post
Anonymous57777

Default Feb 23, 2018 at 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyschCentral_User25 View Post
Hi everybody.

This year was supposed to be one of my best school years of high school. I just started doing the IB program at my school, and I basically have a lot of other honors classes for the rest of the non-IB classes. And now with everything that's been going on, it's really hard to really devote 110% energy into these classes.
IB classes are very challenging. When my children went to school, they took a lot of AP classes which were also challenging. I know schools try to encourage students to take a lot of these classes but I recall my kids were taking a couple of AP classes their freshman year and by their sophomore year on were always taking about four AP classes--it was very stressful (they had 6 classes a day plus were in a performing arts school so they also were always staying late to practice their art) and I think some schools are pushing the kids too much. Some students may want this challenge but if you are becoming stressed--is it possible to take more non-IB courses next year? I am not say don't take any IB courses--just consider taking less of them next year. If you go to college, you can continue to challenge yourself there. I think learning to pace yourself is an important part of becoming successful in life. Just do your best to get through it but if you will still be in high school next year think hard about how many IB courses that you can best handle. For instance, if you took 2 instead of 4, you might have the time and energy to really get the most out of the 2 you do take. This is my opinion of course and you talked about your circumstances causing most of the stress I realize but look inside of yourself to consider how many IB courses are the best fit for your current abilities and lifestyle.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote