View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Feb 28, 2018 at 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingtrying View Post
IB classes are very challenging. When my children went to school, they took a lot of AP classes which were also challenging. I know schools try to encourage students to take a lot of these classes but I recall my kids were taking a couple of AP classes their freshman year and by their sophomore year on were always taking about four AP classes--it was very stressful (they had 6 classes a day plus were in a performing arts school so they also were always staying late to practice their art) and I think some schools are pushing the kids too much. Some students may want this challenge but if you are becoming stressed--is it possible to take more non-IB courses next year? I am not say don't take any IB courses--just consider taking less of them next year. If you go to college, you can continue to challenge yourself there. I think learning to pace yourself is an important part of becoming successful in life. Just do your best to get through it but if you will still be in high school next year think hard about how many IB courses that you can best handle. For instance, if you took 2 instead of 4, you might have the time and energy to really get the most out of the 2 you do take. This is my opinion of course and you talked about your circumstances causing most of the stress I realize but look inside of yourself to consider how many IB courses are the best fit for your current abilities and lifestyle.
Hi.

I apologize for getting back to you really late. I appreciate your input, as well and for taking the time to reply back to my post. I agree with what you mentioned. Well, I am actually already taking two IB classes (the minimum) and as I am only doing IBCP. But I am also taking Honors classes for my non-IB classes, just so that way those classes don't really impact my GPA, but they offer the same amount of workload as my IB classes would/do. But it is stressful, but I think maybe overtime I'll learn to over-look or work around my schedule to make things less stressful.

Thank you again.
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777