View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2018 at 01:02 PM

I know how you feel. There have been times with my depression where I seriously go the whole day with food going in my mouth. And I can't stop. It has helped me to understand the different kinds of emotional eating and the different ways we use food to cope. It's not just as simple as calling it emotional eating. It's more complex than that. And it's not as simple as keeping a food log or dieting. I have had to understand the different emotional connections I have to food and how to rewire my brain to be okay without that comfort and find comfort elsewhere.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NativeSky

Thanks for this!
NativeSky