View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 02, 2018 at 03:40 PM

Hello Armos: I only just now happened on your thread! I'm an old man now. But gender identity dysphoria is something I've had a life-long struggle with.

Yes, this is definitely something you should be talking about with a therapist. But it can't be just any therapist. It must be (at least in my opinion) a therapist who is interested in, & experienced in working with, people who have gender identity concerns. At least in my experience, a therapist who is not interested & experienced can do more harm than good.

By the way, there is a gender therapist, named Dara Hoffman-Fox, who uploads videos onto YouTube. You might find watching some of her many videos to be helpful. Here's a link to Dara's YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/darahoffmanfox

You are also most welcome to personal message me should you want to correspond more about this.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote