Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Mar 04, 2018 at 09:14 PM

Well... you don't sound like a dumb brat to me. (I'm an old man now. I was an only child. So I didn't have any brothers I had to tolerate.) But my parents, mostly my father, was good at mocking anything I was interested in. So I have some recollection of what that is like.

Oh... & I have had a life-long struggle with gender identity dysphoria, which I kept hidden from everyone, including my parents. So I know something about hiding who you truly are too. I grew up during a time, & in a place, where there were boys & there were girls. And if you didn't happen to fit neatly into one of those two categories, you darned well kept it to yourself if you knew what was good for you.

Unfortunately I don't have any easy answers for you. What finally worked for me was that, while I was in college, I moved into a dorm on campus & that got me away from my parents' home. And then, eventually, I moved out of state to attend graduate school. After that I seldom went back.

I don't know how old you are, or what your situation is in general. But, based on my own experiences, I would have to say the key to your situation may simply be to get out on your own as soon as it is possible to do so. Then you can pursue your goals without having the weight of the negativity you're currently experiencing hanging around your neck.

Nothing you have written here is stupid. Working out & eating healthy are both important for good health. And, if you want to try living in Japan... great! Having goals in life is extremely important. So try your best not to let the naysayers get you down. And set your sites on getting out on your own when you can. Then pursue your dreams! I wish you well...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote