View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 05, 2018 at 10:39 AM

I found that 2 years of INTENSE DBT group along with my private therapy was the best in the 20 years I had wasted on therapy. It gave me understanding & the words to be able to put with what I had gone through which opened the door to the research I did on understandibg the behaviors related to ASD Which I discovered both my dad & my soon-to -be x husband were both experiencing & I had no idea how do deal with that unknown white elephant in my life..

My group psychologist handled it like a college class which for me was perfect though she handled it in a way that all could relate. It brought me to where I am today with a lit if other things in tbe new life I made for myself after FINALLY leavong my H after 33 years of marriage.(other best thing I ever did)

DBT touches on so many aspects of life from emotions to interpersonal effectiveness to mindfulness to emotional regulation & teaches skills & the abiluty to reframe thoughts. Most of us learned skills that got us by when we were kids but aren't functional as adults. DBT is great for handlung this.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote