View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Mar 06, 2018 at 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingtrying View Post
I am an Christian and while I learned while growing up that it is best to mostly think about heavenly things and the best love is the kind of love that is pure as in love is patient, love is kind, love does not envy, etc.; I do not think of most sexual fantasies or masturbation as wrong. They are pleasant diversions that do not hurt anyone.

Without sex, there wouldn't be billions of people on this Earth and my marriage never would have lasted so long. I think of sex as a way to express to another person how much you care for them. It needs to be an activity that is desired by all who participate. When it is forced, corced, or someone is tricked into it, it can cause a lot of confusion and emotional trauma. Sometimes masturbation can be a great go to when you need a sexual release for whatever reason including enabling you to more easily wait until the time is more convenient for your partner or until you meet a partner.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. For awhile I thought that I was just the odd man out in Christian circles with the issue, even though I do my best to stay squeaky clean, so I can take that deep breath. I agree with you completely, as I have come to discover that sex is just simply reflection of our love for people and the essential need to connect with them, as well as our response to God's beauty He's created for each person (coming from a spirtual POV). But it must flow naturally and consented. Without it we would all go extinct and probably have more problems with health and stress!
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777