Thread: Self-control
View Single Post
mightycool

Member Since Mar 2018
Default Mar 07, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Hello.
I'm a high-school student with decent grades, decent friends, and a decent life in general.
I have not been diagnosed with any mental illness because I have never been to a therapist, and I don't plan on doing so in the near future. Since I was very young I realized how different I was. I am too young to be diagnosed, but I believe I am a psychopath, if the Hare psychopathy checklist and my self-assessment is to be trusted, along with a ton of research done. I am also a female.
I am having trouble with self-control. I have strong urges to harm, and worse. I have kept these urges under control by doing other things, thinking about the consequences, etc., but it's getting more and more difficult to control. I feel like soon I might just snap and hurt someone.
I have no real friends, and they know very little about my true self. If I were to snap, they would be the first ones I'd hurt.
I have two dogs that I never considered harming. I have such a view on animals, and I have never wanted to harm them. I have no idea how to stop these urges anymore. I will not visit a therapist unless something actually happens, since if I really am I psychopath, it wouldn't be good for me to have it say so in my medical record.
(Thinking about the pain I might cause others doesn't help, for obvious reasons)
mightycool is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote