View Single Post
Jayt443
Newly Joined

Member Since Mar 2018
Default Mar 07, 2018 at 02:19 PM

Hello, I discovered "love addiction" when someone brought it to my attention a few years ago. I refused to accept that I suffered from it even though I nail nearly every symptom I've ever read. So I've not been officially diagnosed but I'm 98% certain. I also have a host of other issues that actually have been diagnosed with the most pertinent to this post being avoidant personality. More specifically, I generally don't like people and my goal in life is to be a recluse. it may sound like a joke but In the next 25 years or so (I'm 28) I plan to go full on hermit. Even though I prefer isolation, loneliness still plagues me like an itch I need scratched a couple times a week. Presumably part of the love addiction. As a hermit I assume I'll either hire someone to keep me company the once or twice a week loneliness gets to me, or invest in a robotic companion. My issue is, what do I do, to scratch that itch until then? Until now I've been leading women on and agreeing that I want a family, marriage, and all that but none of which is true. Obviously I'm not able to sustain a charade so I guess... I'm looking for... Advice? Are there dating sites for antisocials? Is it curable or just hardwired at this point? Should I just keep dating and pray someone changes my mind?
Jayt443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks