View Single Post
justmeandmyhead
Magnate

Member Since May 2013
28 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2018 at 04:09 AM

I’ve done two of these tests now including the one you’ve posted, and got INFJ both times which is interesting.
I think because I tend to think quiet abstractly and am very absorbed in my inner world, it has made the psychosis more able to take hold. My cpn and psychologist have both commented on how I don’t fight the thoughts, I just accept them as reality. This makes it harder to determine what is real and what is not I think.
I’m also very introverted and quiet. When unwell I tend to just turn in on myself internally and become even more quiet. In my last hospital admission things actually became a bit more outward and I expressed myself more and tried to show people what was happening. I think this might be why the psychiatrist called me ‘disturbed’. In previous admissions the other patients have told me they thought I had depression, cos I didn’t let anything out. But I’ve been told I need to let people know how I’m feeling, and last time i think it helped a bit to let it out. Not that it was a massively conscious decision, but I think part of me recognised that holding it in makes it worse.
I have been told that by some people that it’s obvious when I’m unwell, but I think that’s people that know me or are trained to see it. I think this has made it easier for ‘professionals’ like psychiatrists to see that I’m struggling, cos I can’t completely hide it, though I try to. I’ve been told my face looks like a ‘mask’ and my behaviour completely changes.
I think my personality has made it harder to accept the diagnoses I’ve been given, because like you willow, I’ve never met anyone with sz who’s like me. Certainly not in hospital anyway. I met someone as a member of staff who I thought wow, I’m a bit like that, which was weird. It doesn’t help that part of my personality, when I’m feeling vulnerable I compare myself to others to try and understand what I’m struggling with too. So when no one seems to behave like you, it’s difficult.
Interesting question, thanks for posting
justmeandmyhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote