Thread: jellybabies
View Single Post
Anonymous58343

Default Mar 11, 2018 at 09:46 AM

There was no need for an auxiliary to watch me eat for a few weeks. I simply did not like school dinners. I hated kids food like waffles, chicken dippers and I didn't like custard as a kid. Cheap and cheerful disgusting food.
Would you force a child appearing to be vegetarian to eat meat? No. That is used as material in horror films for crying out loud.
So when I changed to cold dinners and could eat sandwiches and fruit . Problem solved. Packed lunches were what I preferred. My mum was good at giving variety in packed lunch. Even if some people would scoff at Digestives and cheese.
My friend would swap with me now and again. I think she was scared to ask me lol u can have my choc biscuits or crisps if you like I'd say I didn't always eat my fruit. I remember those Onken yoghurts with a toy in middle. Loved them.
Even In high school, I didn't really like a hot meal at lunch and tea. So I stuck to sandwiches. I liked the excuse of escaping hone for lunch . Some of my friends were difficult to get along with. My skin would feel really greasy if I ate a big hot meal at lunch as a teen. I couldnt resist lamb kebab on chips sometimes mind you. Not everyday though.
I could give up meat if I needed to quite easily. Well I would get used to it. I've given up food groups in past.
Jamie Oliver has done some great campaigning in making school lunches healthier. I have much respect for him. Using his talent for a cause.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote