View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2018 at 06:37 PM

Is it possible that when we talk about Food Addiction that we can actually discuss the addiction and not just suggest that people diet and keep a food diary? Food Addiction is about an emotional connection to food. I found it very triggering that there was such a high focus on telling people to diet and discussing people's diets instead of discussing the addiction. It's like telling an alcoholic that they just need to stop when they have had enough. Or telling a smoker to just stop buying cigarettes. It does nothing to address the actual addiction to food.

I would appreciate this.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote