Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 12, 2018 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssy1212 View Post
First I found this couples wedding website by searching their name on google and the link gave me a password protected wedding website and I was able to click cache on the page, then a month later a couple days ago I search and all I find for their website is no information is available for this page. Why is this. Then today I google it and it doesn't even come up at all. Do you think they had the settings as public or password protected but still searchable at first but then changed it? And why did it first say no information is available and now nothing comes up? And now I see the search result again saying no info available. Did they change it to searchable again? Why does it come up now but say no info available? Do you think they password protected it at all because of me?
people password protect their websites because they want to be the ones......inviting....... those that they want to see it...

kind of like how psych central has social forums. some of the social forums are not open to just anyone to see and join. they are invite only. where members of those social forums ... invite.... the people they want to join that forum...

another way to think of password protected websites... imagine you wrote a letter to someone and you dont want just any one to see that letter. do you write that letter on a post card or do you write it and put it inside of an envelope and seal it up tight so others dont see what you have wrote.

my point sometimes there are just some things that are too personal for just anyone to see and read about.

my suggestion is if you want access to this persons wedding plans, and such things that may be contained on the website in question, maybe email that person and ask them for access. if they know you and want you to know what their wedding plans are they will give you the password.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
graystreet