View Single Post
riptide53

Member Since Nov 2016
4 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2018 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502041 View Post
I am considering starting therapy again in the new year after 3 months of having stopped almost 2 years of psychotherapy.

I struggled with trust a lot and hardly opened up and when I did it was always in a matter of fact way. I share more with my friends then I do my therapist. There was a lot of shame, feeling of being misunderstood etc and never having the courage to talk about it openly to overcome these feelings.

Has a particular type of therapy worked for you? I am not sure where to start approaching therapists, even that feels too assertive of my needs they have always been assigned to be via a network.

What does recovering from CEN look like? I feel like I have tried to recover from this for 10 years and here I am 28 and still unable to make friends.
I am now in my mid 60's and have been in therapy much of my life only CEN has only recently been given a name and studied intensely by Dr. Jonice Webb. Her book Running on EMpty and numerous articles will have you thinking 'yes that's me' over and over. Her work is invaluable and helped me with the struggles only those with CEN know and helped uncover what I had strived to learn in all those years of therapy. The articles are posted on Psych Central. Best of luck delving into a once unnamed but large issue.
riptide53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote