View Single Post
randomuser101

Member Since Jan 2016
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2018 at 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
You have a very insightful and logical mind! I have to say, I was a bit taken aback at some of the comments as well. As a woman, I have NEVER felt insulted, appalled or uncomfortable if someone complimented, talked to me, or even asked me out when working. I took it as an absolute compliment!! I think the #MeToo movement has skewed society's views about what is acceptable and unacceptable when it comes to relations between women and men. Again this is my personal opinion, but I feel that if we eliminate certain avenues of approaching, even hitting on people in REAL life and become slaves to digital forms of finding a mate, (dating apps, etc), we completely take out the HUMAN element of courting and wooing someone.

I think you should ABSOLUTELY go back and at least strike up a conversation with her, I mean if you gage how she responds, (positively and then you make your move, or negatively you take the hint and leave her alone no harm no foul), and then at least you can learn from the experience. I think this whole "oversensitivity" thing has gotten WAY out of control, but again that's MY personal opinion of it, and I am ABSOLUTELY 100% entitled to it.

So, good luck!
I appreciate this response...I may go back this weekend, we'll see. If I do, I will take your advice and attempt to politely engage her in conversation. I think I'm pretty good at reading social cues, so I will leave her alone if she's not interested. Thanks for your kindness and encouragement.

Hugs from:
LadyShadow

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, Trippin2.0