Thread: No friends
View Single Post
graystreet
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2017
95 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2018 at 11:22 PM

I totally understand where you're coming from, SorryShaped, and I am sorry that you are feeling this way. I sometimes feel this way too, though I do have a handful of friends with whom I hang out and who have been invaluable to me during my recent issues. But it didn't come easily. It's difficult as an adult to find friendships, and when I've lamented a lack of friendships, people would always tell me to volunteer! go to church! take a class! sign up for online dating! just be friendly to people!! It's annoying because sometimes it's like well, I've tried all of those things and it doesn't work.

I don't know that I have specific advice for you except to try and be kind to yourself. This isn't necessarily about you; it certainly isn't exclusive to you. I don't know the situation, because I wasn't there, but I don't believe that the issue with the gym instructor was personal. Sometimes certain kinds of women, when approached by a man they don't know trying to give them something, get this idea in their head that he must be flirting and go on the defensive and get snotty. I'm not saying all women or even most women. I'm saying that it's possible because, in the past, I was this kind of woman, just not very open and friendly. So, like I said, if you can, try and chalk it up to an issue with her and not you.

Again, I don't know that I have much in the way of help to offer, but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone. And I'm sorry you are feeling this way.
graystreet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote