View Single Post
Anonymous45390
Anonymous45390 has no updates. Edit

Default Mar 15, 2018 at 06:32 PM

Thank you for your replies I am getting the sinking feeling that it is harder to find a good therapist than it is to find a good doctor.

Hi Fuzzy!! I'm so sorry you have soooo much trouble getting help, in so many ways

Seesaw - interesting on the CBT. I said to my T that I was thinking of getting a book on CBT, and she said I didn't need to because I already have a book on DBT therefore it is not necessary. Hmm...

I'm probably not describing everything that my therapist was doing, but yeah, I don't think she was doing much really. I don't doubt this isn't descriptive of CBT. I felt that she wasn't working very hard.

Believe it or not, she was better than my previous therapist. He gave me a handout that had been copied so many times the text was getting distorted. His only angle with me was that I had catastrophic thinking and he would point out the words I was using and tell me not to use those, as per the instruction sheet he had given me.

I'm beginning to wonder if it is hard to find someone.

I hope this next therapist I'm seeing works out--she does CBT, DBT, and EMDR. I might have to pay out of pocket instead of use insurance because most therapists don't take my insurance. This might be part of the problem.

RubyRae - this next therapist I'm seeing does have trauma and PTSD in her profile. She has grey hair (I was looking for evidence because she only looks maybe 40 in her picture) and over 30 year of experience.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote