View Single Post
SorryShaped
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2017
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 16, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Sorry. It so happens that there are some really awful people in the world. I don't think you're one of them. All you have to do is watch the evening news for about a week. That will give you enough examples of the horrible things that human beings are capable of. Then ask yourself if you aren't basically a pretty decent person.
I watch the news and I'll be in a much worse state. I got your point though. Sometimes I think I want the world cleansed, but then I think about myself and the vast changes I've made in me, and know that others could change too, if they tried.
I've been a terrible human most of my life and still do some deplorable things at times. The guilt from those things is much more punishment than that the kiss of death would provide. I carry my guilt as my own judgements but am learning to let tiny bits go at times, because I know the lesson is more important than the guilt.
If I were cleared from this world, I'd never have changed, and that would be tragic.
Perhaps some of my punishment is to suffer alone while I make better with and of myself.
SorryShaped is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
katydid777, KYWoman

Thanks for this!
Rose76