View Single Post
Anonymous50909

Default Mar 16, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Can you be friends with someone who has drastically different opinions, morals or values from your own?

I am an opinionated loud mouth. I will say what I believe, un-apologetically, while not ramming it down peoples throats. I'm always up for a solid debate and my friends know this about me. I have friends of different faiths, from different countries, different political views, etc and I love the diversity. I guess as an example: I am agnostic. I would NEVER tell someone their religion is wrong, but I would be open to discussion/debate/etc if the other person was too. Just because I have a strong opinion, that doesn't mean I'm right.

So what's the problem? Well a friend last night revealed that he is a homophobic white supremacist. I really like him as a person, but this made me want to puke. It directly conflicts with my own beliefs and I feel VERY strongly about it.

So where do you draw the line between being tolerant of views that don't match your own and kicking people to the curb? I'm not asking for opinions on the above specific situation. I just want to know where your limit is.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777, LadyShadow

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, mote.of.soul