View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 18, 2018 at 03:34 PM

It wasn't a comment or one particular thing, per se for me. For awhile, I worked with an awesome group of dieticians (they even used a sliding scale for payment), most of whom had recovered from eating disorders. It was like getting both nutrition and counselling advice, and you knew they really understood what they were talking about because they had been in your same shoes. My dietician got me to a healthy weight and to stop labeling foods "good" and "bad", pushed me to try eating foods on my "bad" list, got me to the point that I realized I was no longer just the girl with anorexia. She deserves a halo for all her patience.

Of course, then I had to figure out who I was because it felt like I'd lost my identity, though in truth being a good wife, good mother, good friend, good daughter, good aunt and not the family member no one approaches because she has an eating disorder is a MUCH better person to be. I want people to remember ME as a person and NOT me as an eating disorder. I always ask myself, "What do I want people to remember about me?" It turns out I never want to just be remembered for having anorexia.

Last edited by Blueberrybook; Mar 18, 2018 at 04:36 PM..

Hugs from:
99fairies, gothicpear, LucyD, sinking

Thanks for this!
99fairies, gothicpear, mwaxy, sinking