Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 19, 2018 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
I'm not sure if you see this but you say you really like someone as a person yet the names you call him call to question what it is you may like about this person? Not only that, the words you use to describe him don't sound much like you have respect for them, calling them homophobic and white supremacist - both derogatory terms.

I'm not judging here, just stating how you stated what you did says more about how you feel than you let on.

You state you like to debate and tout how you have many friends with differering opinions and values. You point out that you are unapologetic but don't shove things down people's throats which kind of seems contradictory too. But my point is, seems to me you're drawn to people with opposing values and ideologies and I wonder if one thing you enjoy a lot is actually the conflict of ideas and debate.

I personally would seek out more people that you at least agree with on major issues and form friendships that way.

The answer for me is, yes, you can have friends with differing opinions and thoughts but it is typically more of a challenge than with people that you agree with a larger portion of ideas with.
I don’t see how it’s name calling. White supremacy and homophobia isn’t name calling or derogatory names. White suptemacists are people who believe that white race is superior to other races. Homophobia is negative attitudes towards homosexuals. Those are just definitions, not name calling.

If someone says “white race is superior to other races”, then this is “white supremacy” belief. Especially if the person himself identifies as white supremacist.

I don’t see how this is name calling. I am so baffled
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote