View Single Post
CelestialFlame

Member Since Nov 2017
9 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2018 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadGirl View Post
I think that as a society we are trying to become more accepting of mental illness, but really we have only made it as far as depression and anxiety. If you have anything else you are still an outcast. It's particularly difficult to see this among other mentally ill who know how it feels. Not everyone with depression is the same. Not everyone with schizophrenia is the same. Not everyone with antisocial personality disorder is the same. People should understand that.

Unfortunately the personality disorders are highly stigmatized against. The views against narcissists and psychopaths for example. Everyone assumes they are evil, but isn't evil a subjective term anyways?

Anyhow I'm ranting. I do that sometimes.
Sure society is totally seeking to understand mental illness, is that why when something goes wrong the media/public automatically blames it on mental illness? First thing that happens with lets say, a school shooting, is that they presume the suspect is mentally ill because the shooter simply being angry isn’t a good enough reason. People may say they are trying to understand and be more accepting of MI but that’s just a bunch of bull and everyone knows it. We will always be different and misunderstood and hoping that one day we aren’t is a waste.

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, Loose Screw x 2, redsoxrule, TheQs