View Single Post
Freedomflies

Member Since Mar 2018
Default Mar 19, 2018 at 05:11 PM

I became good friends once with someone who did not share my opinions and morals. For example, I would not consider having an abortion, this guy paid for 18 for various girlfriends throughout his life. Needles to say, our relationship was NEVER in any sense sexual and there was never any sexual tensions. Some of the stories he told made me cringe, but others had me laughing my behind off every night I worked with him. I got to see many sides of his personality and saw him as a whole person, good and bad. That friendship helped me to seek the good in people I don't immediately find it in. His bluntness also helped me try to accept some of the times life is extremely unfair.
This man has since passed on, and I will forever remember the laughs. If something drew you to this person as a friend, see if you can find the other dimensions to his personality. I agree with the person who replied that views aren't always static. People can and do change, but not if they aren't around opposing views. Perhaps knowing you can influence him? Perhaps not. As long as this person isn't on a mission to convert you, keep it on a level where you feel comfortable, and can back out of any conversation that makes you squirm.
Freedomflies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote