View Single Post
abusedtoy

Member Since Nov 2017
59 hugs
given
Default Mar 19, 2018 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRae View Post
I personally have never heard that CPTSD is an 'umbrella diagnosis' or a 'one size fits all' disorder.

I do know that some can have alters as a part of their disorder without it being DID or OSDD.Or personality issues without it being BPD.I think each person can have different issues they struggle with.

I experienced dissociation,which can be a part of it too.I don't have different identies though.

It's my understanding that usually if one has DID Bipolar OSDD,whatever,then they would be a seperate diagnosis rather than lumped together under CPTSD.

I'm not quite sure what you ate asking though.I did try to understand when you asked in another thread.

Have ypu been told that you have DID and BPD? Or just CPTSD?Have you asked your treatment providers why they haven't given an additional or a separate diagnosis?Or why they are using CPTSD as the 'umbrella' dx?Is it that they feel if they treat your CPTSD it will take care of all your problems?I think treatment would most likely be different for different disorders wouldn't they?IDK,maybe you should ask all these questions so you can understand better.

I have PTSD(cptsd but my T said since it's not in the DSM my official dx is PTSD)The derealization and depersonization were considered part of the disorder but not
severe enough to meet a separate dissociative disorder diagnosis.
I actually kept asking my psychiatrist many times and my therapist too, but BOTH of them agreed that all the other disorders that I have, including dissociative identities, depersonalisation-dereliasation...etc. are all included into this umbrella diagnosis C-PTSD. They insisted that they don't have to be separately diagnosed, because it is inclusive of it, in my case. I would trust them, since they are professionals.