Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2017
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2018 at 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadGirl View Post
Homophobic white supremacist. You're right. He called homosexual people a slur that I refuse to type here. He identified himself as a nazi/aryan. So yes, those are technically MY words, but compared to his I would say they are the same.

Unapologetic = I will not apologize for having views that others don't agree with as they are my own. Don't shove down throats = I don't use every opportunity to tell you what my views are. My facebook feed is not filled with them. I don't bring them up at every conversation. So yes, you can be unapologetic about your views while still not shoving them down peoples throats.

As for enjoying opposing views? Yes, sometimes I do. I want to learn about why other people think the way they do. I was once very conservative and Christian. I'm now liberal and agnostic because I opened my mind to the world and it changed my point of view.

That's why I posted this question. I am forever trying to expand my mind and look at things from different points of view. On that note, thank you for all the opinions. :-)
Thank you. This detailed response clarifies my initial question. I think it is safe to assume that your friend would not treat a non-white and/or non-straight person equally, given the fact that he announces himself to be a Nazi (and whatever slur he used). I would see this as a moral dilemma and probably decrease the level of contact.
The thing is I would feel as if by being his friend, I am encouraging his behavior.