View Single Post
continuosly blue
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
55 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2018 at 06:52 AM

I went through the hell of divorcing a narcissist. One day after 30 years of marriage she won’t let me touch her and wouldn’t tell me why. Didn’t want anything to do with me , and wouldn’t tell me why. It was my fault though because all the red flags were there but I didn’t have the cognitive ability to pick up on the clues. I was incompacitated physically and mentally. That , she took advantage of to the fullest. She didn’t love or want me anymore but didn’t want to divorce me because of financial reasons. So I filed because of being psychologically tortured by her passive aggressiveness. Just couldn’t live like that anymore. Neither of us could afford to leave so we went into separate bedrooms. No kids around anymore, thank God. She still had to go to work but I was unable to , being physically and mentally disabled. The resentment was tremendous ! She turned my children against me. She turned anyone who would listen against me. I suffered tremendously as I had no one to turn to. I was totally abandoned.
So finally I was able to move out. I basically gave her everything as I just wanted out. I could have made her life miserable but I had a problem, I had a heart, which is a weakness when it comes to a divorce. She wanted to bury me.
I just wanted out. I went through a lot of pain but I eventually found a way to go on. I learned how to live in the moment and not the past. I was getting better.
My advice is to cut off all communication totally if possible. A divorce should be like a death. It’s over. At least that’s how I see it. What you need is friends, or family or anything that will give you some positive vibes and a reason to move on. A narcissist will try and destroy you. I’m sorry for rambling on but I want to share my horrible experience with divorcing a narcissist. And in short , the only way is to mentally think that they don’t exist anymore so you can move on to a life that you deserve, even if it’s by yourself.
Wishing you the best.

*Disclaimer * Anything I have posted is strictly my own personal opinion or experience , and is in no way, shape, or form
meant to portray a professional assesment of any kind.
CB
continuosly blue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope, profound_betrayal

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, profound_betrayal