View Single Post
Talthybius
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2016
Default Mar 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredandconfused View Post
I'd like to weigh in here. I wouldn't care if an individual who groped me was unattractive to me, or someone who looked like Ryan Reynolds. It would still be unwanted and I would be going to the police regardless.

It's actually quite insulting that you believe women are less likely to act because the attacker is "attractive". It really does show how you perceive women, and it's not a good perception!

We are not simple minded creatures who will be merely flattered if a good looking guy attacks us. We are human beings who want our boundaries to be respected, just like any other human.

What!!

I even said that I myself, this individual right here, as a male, would also be that way. And I know I am way less sensitive for this kind of bias than the average person.

Also, this isn't even about me not respecting boundaries. That is wrong, immoral to accuse me of, and cruel. Especially to woman, and men, who get sexually assaulted but then nothing happens because the perpetrator was attractive.

This is about attractive people vs unattractive people. Not about men vs woman.

This says so much about how you view men. And I guess that is a problem here in general. Most people here are females who had very negative experienced with a big minority of men. And they come here and project that vision of men on all men here. Some of who are just as much or more a victim of romance unfairness. At least people who enter a toxic relationship did pick that specific partner themselves and had all the chances in the world to make the conscious decision to pick someone else.

Read the posts, then think, before you act outraged.

This isn't even an issue for me. I just get offended by the constant and casual stream of falsehoods that get presented as indisputable facts here, just because they are good for the peace of mind for the majority here.