5 yr Member
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Mar 20, 2018 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Coyote View Post
I want to note a change.
I am now taking higher dose generic Adderall every 4-6 hours. This has been helpful so far. I am on day #3 and it seems promising. If we need it, I think it's wise to take it on a regular basis and also take "enough" of it.

WC
I am doing well on Adderall. It's the first time I can see a light at the end of the tunnel in ages! It's not a "cure-all," but it has definitely helped.

One of the keys to using Adderall is to systematically try various doses and timing in order to find your own individualized optimal dosing.

Some people, for example, can tolerate 30 mg, twice daily. At 30 mg, I was so dizzy I had to rest on the bed. Not good. At 15 mg. every 4-6 hours, I am awake, less depressed, have some physical and mental energy, etc.

My pdoc has told me stimulants were used for depression, many years ago, before the tricyclics and SSRIs were discovered. I have wasted a lot -- many, many-- years trying to tolerate all of the many drugs. Those I could tolerate did nothing for my depression. Adderall is giving me some hope.

I will continue to update here.

WC

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Rose76