View Single Post
Under*Over

Member Since Mar 2018
177 hugs
given
Default Mar 21, 2018 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post

This is what I got...as I mentioned optimism before I think this test might be more relevant than Meyers Briggs
MBTI tends to be... something that you are born with. Its hard to explain, but enneagram tends to be believed to be connected to inner woundedness (aka, everyones parents/environment mess them up in SOME way- and so the ego well... reacts to it)

Im a 9. Titled the “peacemaker” and a positive outlook type. 7 is also a positive outlook type. (And 2 as well... but not talking about 2)

Anyways. Positive outlook types- its not as glamorous as it sounds. It means basically- out of a desperation for the world around you to remain positive- you force it to be in some ways. (Thats more 2- direct force is- 9 and 7 tend to be less direct)

9 runs from their problems. Oh that guy is being nasty to me- “not a big deal, its all fine”. Oh that guy is threatening to hurt me “well Im sure hes just kidding.” Oh that guy is lighting my house on fire... huh... maybe I should have done something about that.

9s number one fear is conflict. So in order to avoid it- they “pretend” everything is fine and escape into a place of “manufactured calm”.

7. 7 escapes elsewhere. 7 is more.

Oh that guy is being nasty to me. “Hey, hey, buddy- do you want to go do something fun with me? Want to do this this this or this thing! Lets leave this place of misery and escape somewhere better! There HAS to be somewhere better!”

7s- which can be wrong and is just a stereotype- are generally known as the “fun guy” of the enneagram. Their core fear is of... missing out. Of really- just being in pain. That there are so many things out there that they cant do it all. ThT there is always something better around the corner- and that if they dont look for it, then they risk being trapped and stuck in their own pain.

Anyways. Hah. This type also tends to be extroverted and most commonly found around people who mbti type as ESTP, ESFP, ENTP, and ENFP.

Though can be found around EXXJ types and IXFJ types.
Under*Over is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Sometimes psychotic