View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Mar 25, 2018 at 09:28 AM

Yes. I live in a condo and for some odd reason people feel it is perfectly acceptable to just knock on my door at any time per day. One time when I first came here I was in my PJs early (no bra) and someone rang my doorbell. It was my next-door neighbor. I assumed there must be some emergency so I opened the door. She just wanted to shoot the breeze. I let her in because my cat kept trying to get out but it was obvious I had no bra on and was not exactly in the presentation for visitors. When she left I was furious with myself because I am sure she thought I was weird being dressed like that so early but really it was HER who should be upset with herself for not being like "oh this isn't a good time".

Then the last two times someone has come to my door the exact same thing happened. I was either in my PJs (came later) OR, one time I was literally undressing ( I hate when I come home and enter my condo and someone takes that as the time to come talk). Both times I had to open the door as they just kept ringing the doorbell. I got upset with both and I felt bad later... but I don't see why people have to come to my door without giving me even the slightest heads up. And then, if you ring the bell twice and no one comes... go away. Not 5 times.

Now I simply won't answer the door.. no matter what.

It is upsetting but it will fade. I have made it clear to several people I know here that it is unacceptable to just show up at my door unless it is an emergency.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Irlein