Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 26, 2018 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysChanging2 View Post
Good luck, I bet you won’t find it. I find it more as a descriptor in describing one’s system. I used the wording myself in describing my inner world.

What is it’s intended purpose? It depends on the user, I guess.

Sometimes I find us using it in such a manner of “life was so bad, we had it really REALLY hard” as a trophy making us the worst of the worst thus resulting in our present state of multipleness. I try deleting those posts when I find them, so immature and very childish full of pride and craving sympathy (sick).

Sometimes it’s just used as a lazy way to describe the nature of our mental defect....a fragment producing brain- so don’t ask for names- too many and too hard to care to remember: leave it at that.

This would be my take on it. Also would be interesting to read other peoples views and perspectives on it to see if they in some way parallel mine, spoken or unspoken.

As a diagnosis...don’t see it.
yes I realize that I may not find it as a ......disorder..... like you have stated people online (not just here all kinds of self help forums) use this term in all kinds of ways sometimes not meaning in the way it was meant to be used.

that said I have been told often enough by people in various online groups that it is a ......disorder..... and I have read enough posts referring to it as a ........disorder.....

my point.......I felt it was now important enough to me to actually research this avenue. To settle my own confusion and possibly others are having the same problem when encountering posts here and everywhere that refer to this being a ......disorder.... but not finding anything about the ......disorder....

besides a bit of research never hurts anyone and I have learned some new things in the process like where the term poly fragmented came from... it came from someone named Putnam who devised a therapy model of measurement of severity of DID, an assessment tool.

as for locating more diagnostic manuals I have emails in to a few more american embassy's in other countries like Japan, Germany, India and others who I have not heard back from yet on those locations diagnostic manuals and whether those countries have a ........disorder..... with this name.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky