View Single Post
justafriend306

Default Mar 29, 2018 at 02:25 PM

I was a child was bullied to the extreme. I was hit upside the back of my head multiple times daily teasing me for my short hair. I was the tiny nerd locked inside lockers and dropped into garbage cans. I was the student whose hand was held up next to the rotating saws and grinders in shop class. Incidentally my parents did nothing about it. I was told to suck it up. I was told to fight back. I was even told I was a humiliation by my mother. Why can't I be like the other kids. Incidentally, all of this happened before the eyes of teachers and nothing was done to help.

But this is a different world. teachers are expected to help and as a parent I would demand it.

So demand to see the anti-harrassment and anti-bullying policies for both the school and the school board. See for yourself if they are living up to these standards and following the courses of action outlined. If not you have several actions. Go to the school board and demand corrective action be taken. If they are of no help, go to your politicians. Start with your elected school trustee. They won't help? Go to the chairman of the board. Still no help? See your local alderman or council member. Go higher still if you have to right to your legislative member (in Canada for instance this would be an MLA). Still no answers - go to the media.

I say fight with all you have.

I am a product of the bullying I endured. I am not a functioning member of society on account of bullying. I am unable to work. fight Fight FIGHT all the way until you get results!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amicus_curiae, healingme4me