View Single Post
Minnow
Minnow has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Apr 04, 2018 at 08:55 AM

I have a two male friends I can be 100% open with. I can call them in tears and they try to help. They do the same with me. We've been friends for 30+ years. I have no women I can do that with. I hide most of my pain from my wife as she gives me tough love solutions when I need a hug. As for posting online, I really don't have an issue opening up. I also wish there were more men on this forum to discuss things with.

I've had 3 male therapist and 3 female therapist in 30 years. Never for longer than a couple years at a time during crisis periods. I can relate to having a female therapist. I had one male therapist that I can say was good and helped me. He was a father figure to me. The female therapists I've had were more comforting and understanding. They were more of a mother figure to the 10yo scared kid inside me.

I'm 52, married with two boys and a solid job but still have a terrified 10yo kid inside me that doesn't know what to do sometimes.

I'm happy to chat hear or privately if any of you want to. We're all here to find some help and peace.
Minnow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Loose Screw x 2