View Single Post
smlawnz

Member Since Dec 2016
1 hugs
given
Confused Apr 04, 2018 at 09:18 PM

The struggle I am dealing with is I don't know who I am. I can see from articles that I have a lot of traits of narcissism. It is very painful to realize that you are self absorbed, have little to no empathy, and no longer receive joy from the things you use to or understand the purpose or motivation for your life.
I can't forgive my mother for my childhood even though I can tell myself don't blame her because maybe she only did what she knew to do because that's all she was taught. I see myself in her and I don't want to be her. Easter Sunday was not the best because I rarely spend time with her anymore since I can only tolerate small doses of her guilt trips and control and whining about situations that she creates. It has been suggested that I work things out with her, but we have 2 different views of my childhood. How do you work something out with someone who won't hold a mirror up to themselves? So am I avoiding the issues or Do I learn to forgive her and move on?

That's just a good place to start since it was so recent and since I think a lot of my problems stem from my childhood.

Thanks for asking 'here today'
smlawnz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote