View Single Post
ajisalone

Member Since May 2017
13 hugs
given
Default Apr 06, 2018 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Hi. In my opinion, social anxiety and it's underlying causes could account for the things you're experiencing and could also account for why your life is being shaped the way it is. I have pretty bad social anxiety and can identify to everything you mentioned and know exactly what it's like. Absolutely. I think there could be traits of OCD involved as well, but the social anxiety and underlying causes of social anxiety, are the main culprits - I believe. Hang in there, you can work your way through it.
Really? I'm glad someone could relate to it. It's really troubling and can be quite distracting, and embarrassing. Especially when I have an outburst, and someone sees it. It got bad since coming to college- probably because of the social aspect. Some mild OCD would make sense as well. I didn't consider it until a week ago. But in addition to my problems above, I also relate to 'compulsive Googling'- like an obsession with reassuring myself through things like googling my symptoms. I used to do it for hours at home; many times, I've actually spent an entire day doing it alone. :/ I didn't know it was a thing.

But I guess I've used my computer as an escape since childhood. It actually allowed me to become really tech savy. ^^'
ajisalone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote