View Single Post
Anonymous45521
Anonymous45521 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 07, 2018 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajisalone View Post
Social situations are a huge problem. 1 being that I tend to avoid people I meet before even getting to know them. I also have issues talking a lot of the time. I stumble a lot, my thoughts get cut short, my words slur, or the words that come out don’t come out right (weird tone, volume, etc). I also might have palilalia (?)
First I don't think you are weird. We all have our own ways of being based on our experiences. It does sound like perhaps you don't have a lot of experience getting out there and dealing with people and frankly a lot of the issues might disappear if you got practice with people and you may need to force yourself. I got a lot better when I was forced.

I often try to avoid people. It is probably due to the fact that for most of my life people have NOT been anything but trouble. My boss hasn't had that experience in life so he is an extrovert. He gets excited to see and chat with people. But for me... 99% of conversations are unpleasant so.. I want to avoid that. It isn't weird.. it is just my experience.

For years now I have worked a somewhat public spokesman type of role. So I have a bit of an act that has formed. It is strange that the act is beloved by people and they want to get closer to me.. but I don't want that. And this hurts people's feelings as they feel they are being rejected. I so far.. don't know how to fix this...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote