View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 09, 2018 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
That’s a Facebook for you.

Wishing someone to party in college is a bit strange imho (and I am not up tight at all) but like you said you were buzzed (a different issue to look into all together as it’s not the first time drinking caused jack of judgement). I think the issue is fixable though. Call your nephew (or text if it’s easier) and apologize and talk to him directly. Tell him you love him and he matters to you and you made a mistake.

You don’t need Facebook to communicate to family. You don’t need Facebook to wish happy birthday. The thing is if you put something out there for everyone to see, it becomes much bigger issue. If however you for whatever reason don’t have his phone number (which is again an issue all in itself), ask other relatives for his phone number
Thanks, Divine. Yes, I am aware that I make BAD decisions sometimes when I've been drinking. But let's not make this thread about that topic -- but I am heartbroken and I know I did a bad thing. Argh! I am SO mad at myself. I did apologize to him after I did that, but now I really need to address it again and say something about it being a bad judgement call on my part. I can get his cell # easily enough. I need to respect the fact that he doesn't like to party like I do. I feel SO awful.

Last edited by Anonymous40643; Apr 09, 2018 at 08:39 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
divine1966