View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 09, 2018 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
well to be honest this is probably one of the biggest reasons I hate fb in the first place. the whole obligatory "friend" thing is dumb and unreasonable. People on both sides have placed the importance of the friend thing on fb way too high. Thing is there are people that I, for one would be friends with but absolutely do not want to see their daily crap, hear from them constantly or know that the things they might say would be something I don't want to be forced to deal with..

what I mean is, there are people that even as much as I care about them I don't want them in my face all the time. and I should be allowed this. But today's culture and I believe your thinking this way too... makes being friends so significant on fb it means something far more than it should. They unfriended you, their reasons are theirs. They have not cut you off from life, they have not disowned you... it's ... just... facebook.

Turn the tables for a moment without thinking and analyzing the actual situation and let's hypothesize this. What if someone on your friend list did something outside of your acceptable code or rules. Something significant enough that it warranted unfriending them. Do you think you should be allowed to do so? Without explanation? I do. You have that right and your reasoning is YOURS and does not need explanation. You just disconnected from someone on one very finite and singular social media place. Nothing more.

So with the tables turned and all I've said, isn't it fair that they are allowed to do so based on their unknown (by you) reasons?

Let's lower our priority of having facebook friends and consider the real relationships instead first.... use fb as a tool to connect not a gauge as to whether people care about us or not.
TY, but this is family. Family members in my book do not unfriend each other unless they intend to disown them and never speak with them again OR if that family member did something SO outrageous that it calls for blocking and/or unfriending. I did not deserve this. And I saw him just last week and he acted as though nothing were wrong.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote