View Single Post
crushed_soul

Member Since Feb 2018
264 hugs
given
Default Apr 09, 2018 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar_cmar View Post
You know..... the gut feelings we get, intuitions, we all over the place with this last yet I ignored them. Why? Not certain. Something was telling me no, don’t go forward, let it go. Again, I ignored them. Perhaps only a professional would only be able to answer what or why that is. I never suffered any real trauma as a child other than alcolic stepfather that would get drunk and have rage fits. That in itself is traumatic for a child, that and no real male figure for leadership or guidamce. Yea..... may be time to start looking for professional help.

While a professional is indeed capable and supposed to be trained to help, possess knowledge, empathy, patience, objective thinking and more, there are issues with finding someone, a professional, who not only can and is trained to assist you, but also who will assist you.

Even professionals do not have (all) the "answers," insight and so on. Again, there is hardly any, if any at all, objectivity in areas of life like these because certainty is lacking in pinpointing causes, behave in general and more.

After reading countless articles, webpages and so forth, there are even professionals, who admit the complications, limitations and more of what we are discussing. If you choose to consult a professional, I wish for you to find someone, who indeed will assist you. Additionally, just to toss a thought out to you, there is more than a wealth of info online of no charge to assist you as well.

As Shazerac already stated, there are multiple routes for help. You are free to to choose which, how ever many, none at all and so forth.

I wish for you to be well, cmar_cmar.
crushed_soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote