View Single Post
seriouslyfunny

Member Since Apr 2018
6 hugs
given
Default Apr 09, 2018 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zararose View Post
I can relate to your husband because I'm afraid I'm being passive aggressive to my partner who I feel a little neglected by. I'm not a perfect person.
And like your husband I don't know how to communicate this to him. I would happily tell him how I felt IF he asked me.. if he showed interest in how I felt. I'm an observant person so I get frustrated when people close to me don't pick up on how I'm feeling by my actions..
I wish I could be one of those people who comes right out and say it but I'm not... I need to know that the other person WANTS to know. I have told my boyfriend things that have been bothering me for a while but, on one occasion, his response was silence. A number of times my feelings went unvalidated.

Anyways, I just wanted to give you another side to the story 😁
Hello Zararose,
I am still trying to figure out the features of the site, so I hope I am replying in the appropriate area. If not, my apologies. Anyway, thanks for sharing your perspective. And believe it or not, I get it. I can be rather outspoken at times, but even for me, it’s difficult to express some things. However, you did tell your partner, on more than one occasion,how you felt - kudos for that.

My husband will tell me how he feels at times, but it’s always on the backend of an argument. And if I ask him why he didn’t share this information sooner, he casually says, “It just came to my attention.”

By your own admission, he is like you. He gets frustrated when I don’t pick up on his cues. He’ll demonstrate certain behaviors; he’ll play music to give subliminal messages and he’ll be silent or leave the house. Yet, if I get frustrated by this, he’ll call me immature.

At least, you are self-aware and can admit your imperfections like most of us can. I’m not sure he believes he has any beyond very surface stuff. I think he’s arrogant and immature. It’s a dizzying fusion.

Again, thanks for sharing.
seriouslyfunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes