View Single Post
s4ndm4n2006
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
183 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2018 at 08:56 AM

First of all congratulations on your epiphany and realization of your responsibility in the relationship. That's a huge step many people don't even live to see.

With that out of the way you must in your mind realize that this break down in the relationship didn't happen overnight and as you call her a wonderful wife, I can only assume she's been long suffering for you. If that it the case, she hasn't easily reached the point of giving up on you and seeing things as she does today. Therefore it is time for you to be long suffering your own consequences and if you are committed and truly devoted, you will keep doing these things and not expect satistfaction. Don't do it so that she'll be loving to you again, do it because it's the right thing to do though. Don't come from a heart of expectation at all but just be what you think a good husband should be simply because that's the way it should be. She may or may not reciprocate - now or ever but when you care about someone and you do feel that you've offended them, the reason for the change should be based on that you've done it all wrong all this time and want to make it right.

Mind you, likely she will come around in time... perhaps slowly... and this will take patience but my only point is drop the expectation of change in her and do not let it be your motivation or even a priority. Do what you should and it will work out in the end the way it should. This is what genuine change is about. This is what sacrificial love is about... doing what you need to do because internally you know it's the right thing to do not because you "need" her love back. That only leads to disappointment and frustration and could easily lead you to the point of giving up and reverting to your old self without your even thinking about it.

Good luck with this and I hope you will see her trust return sooner than I think it usually takes.

And good job on trying to be the good husband again.
s4ndm4n2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote