Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2017
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2018 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBoy View Post
I'm currently recovering from a knee surgery. This time of immobility and boredom makes me realize how depressing my situation is. I have no one taking care of me, only few people actually inquiring about the surgery and how I'm doing. I feel alone and hopeless. It seems impossible for me to form meaningful relationships and live a normal life. I have to go through everything alone. Why is it so hard to make friends?
I understand very well. I had felt the same way while going through my (hopefully) last round of chemo. All my family lives in another continent and it is so very hard to make friends (the reasons are endless).
Stay strong, share with us. you can always message me if you need support. Health problems can take a huge toll on you, to a point it temporarily changes your personality. If it makes you feel better, I will tell you one thing: this experience, while making you very exhausted, is also making you a more resilient person. You will see it in few years. I promise you.

Hugs from:
crushed_soul

Thanks for this!
crushed_soul, MountainBoy