View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2018 at 09:48 AM

Well, here's a suggestion...back when I was part of a dance company I would be fine for a long time, never get feedback or corrections, the director never had feedback for me, so I would almost get to the point of exploding because I wasn't getting any attention. At one point I did sort of burst from inattention. And we made a deal that a)he wasn't focusing on me because I was doing things right, so he didn't need to correct me and b) if I needed attention I just needed to tell him. So every so often I'd go to the director and say "I need attention. Give me feedback." And he'd tell me what I was doing well or where I could work further to improve, and I stopped being so needy attention wise.

So maybe, you can sort of schedule when you get your attention so you don't feel deprived? Like when you meet with your friend say "Hey, can I talk about me for a few minutes and then I'll shut up?" I've done that before and people are usually like okay sure, and then you get all your stuff out and get your attention and move on...everyone is happy.

Just something that worked for me, as someone who can be starved for attention.

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote